Stilling som ‘Regulatory and Technical Affairs’ Adviser’ hos SEA Europe
SEA Europe is a leading trade association representing the interests of the European maritime technology industry (shipbuilders and equipment manufacturers). The sector has an average annual turnover of €91bn and a workforce of around 500,000. The membership is composed of 22 national associations in 18 European countries.
SEA Europe is active internationally and more specifically on the European stage to lobby for favourable technical and policy developments to further growth and competitiveness of the European maritime technology industry.
For the robust development of technical requirements and the coordination of European R&D projects on behalf the European maritime technology industry, SEA Europe is looking for a Regulatory and Technical Adviser based in Brussels, Belgium.
As Regulatory and Technical Affairs’ Adviser you:
• Contribute proactively to technical developments at EU and international level (e.g. EEDI, passenger ship safety, Monitoring Reporting and Verification, etc.);
• Coordinate the SEA Europe Technical Committee;
• Have knowledge of EU R&D programmes;
• Cooperate with other technical personnel from European and International partner associations;
• Liaise with the European Institutions (e.g. DG MOVE, DG RTD), IMO and Member States to ensure that the interests of the European maritime technology industry are taken into account in rule and policy making.
• Degree level in engineering or naval architecture;
• Good communicator (presentation, influencing and networking skills) and organiser;
Solid understanding of technical rule and policy making at the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and in the European Union;
• Proven successful project management experience (preferably knowledge of European research programmes);
• Innovative team player demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to evolving priorities in a small team;
• Willingness to travel within Europe;
• Fluency in English as the working language. Knowledge of other main European languages is a valuable asset given the SEA Europe membership.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by 15 April 2015.