Polar View provide operational, satellite-based, monitoring of the polar regions and cryosphere. Much of that work is in support of marine navigation in the Arctic and Antarctic.
Polar View works on behalf of the polar community to:
- Act as a catalyst for international cooperation
- Disseminate knowledge related to earth observation and polar issues
- Influence the development of policy regarding monitoring and forecasting
- Coordinate integrated monitoring and forecasting services in the cryosphere that benefit the environment, the economy, and safety
- Develop new services by defining service delivery requirements and conducting trials and demonstrations